A perfect introduction to PCR and the use of DNA evidence in personal ID. In this 90-minute miniPCR Learning LabTM, you will help police investigators solve a crime mystery by matching forensic DNA samples to a missing person’s genetic material. You’ll amplify DNA by PCR in less than 45 minutes!
This Learning Lab introduces everyone to the essential molecular biology techniques of PCR (polymerase chain reaction) and DNA gel electrophoresis. It highlights real-world applications of molecular biology such as DNA analysis in personal identification, forensics and molecular medicine. This lab experience also illustrates the genetic underpinnings of disease through the cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator gene.
This miniPCR Learning LabTM utilizes the following molecular techniques:
- PCR (polymerase chain reaction) amplification of genes
- DNA Gel electrophoresis, staining, and visualization
- Highlights real-world applications of DNA analysis in personal identification and principles of medical genetics.
The miniPCR Crime Lab kit contains reagents for 8 lab groups of 4 students:
- 2X EZ PCR Master Mix, Load-ReadyTM
- 3X Crime Lab Primer Mix
- 4 DNA samples to investigate, including controls
- 100 bp DNA ladder, Load-ReadyTM
Please note: microtubes, PCR tubes, and electrophoresis reagents sold separately.
Free miniPCR Learning LabTM downloads:
If you cannot find the answer to your problem below then please
contact us or telephone 01954 210 200