Cell Line Information:
Organism: Homo sapiens (human)
Tissue: lung adenocarcinoma; derived from metastatic site: pleural effusion
Age: 25 years
Growth Properties: adherent
Tumorigenic: yes, forms well differentiated grade I adenocarcinoma in nude mice
Antigen Expression: Blood Type A; Rh
Depositors: J. Fogh
The patient had received prior therapy with cytoxan, bleomycin and adriamycin.
The Transfection Reagent:
Calu-3 Cell Avalanche™ Transfection Reagent is a new, proprietary solution specifically designed for transfection on Calu-3 Cells. The proprietary formulation of lipids and polymers ensures the highest possible transfection efficiencies and viabilities for Calu-3 Cells. No other transfection reagents can match the efficiency, convenience, and gentleness of Calu-3 Cell Avalanche™ Transfection Reagent for transfection on Calu-3 Cells. For details of the developing process of this reagent, please go to: How did EZ Biosystems develop Avalanche™ Cell type/cell line specific transfection reagent series?
- Specifically optimized to deliver nucleic acids into Calu-3 Cells
- Highest efficiency to ensure experimental success
- Lowest Cellular Toxicity-maintain cell density and reduce experimental biases
- Synthesized from 100% animal origin-free components, making it easy to validate the absence of zoonotic diseases, such as BSE or viruses, in research experiments or cells lines
- Easy-to-use protocol: Just mix nucleic acids with the reagent to form complexes and simply add the mixture to cells
- Suitable for Reverse Transfection
- Compatible with transfection in any plate formats
- Reproducible: due to highly controlled chemical synthesis of each of the ingredients, the reagent forms uniformly sized complex particles with nucleic acids. With optimized protocol, our reagent will ensure the reproducible highest transfection results.
- Economical: High efficiency means less amount of nucleic acid & reagent is needed
|FIG. 1. High throughput test of transfection efficiency (determined as RLU/mg) on A549 cells after transfection of luciferase reporter gene by using our 172 proprietary transfection formulas and several most popular commercial transfection reagents. The yellow box showed the results of 4 commercial transfection reagents. The red lines marked our candidate formulas with the highest transfection efficiency for A549 cells. This test result was confirmed with repeat experiments. The candidate formulas were also tested on Calu-3 cells by tranfecting GFP expression plasmid, and got the same high transfection efficiency after flow cytometry analysis. The one that showed the optimal balance of potent & low cytotoxicity (percentage of 7AAD positive cells) among those candidate formulas was later named as Calu-3 Cell Avalanche Transfection Reagent.
For Other Cells:
|Calu-3 Cell Avalanche™ Transfection Reagent (human lung carcinoma cell) can also be used on the following cells with high transfection efficiencies.
Recommended protocols for these cells will be provided with the reagent. The protocols usually provide satisfactory transfection efficiency with invisible cytotoxicity. However, optimization may be needed for certain type of cells. Optimizations may include: the amount of DNA and this transfection reagent; cell density; transfection reagent/DNA ratio, or incubation time for the mixture of transfection reagent/DNA etc. For best transfection result, we recommend using the respective cell type/cell line specific Avalanche transfection reagents. Those reagents have been optimized on both recipes and protocols, and have been proved to have the best transfection results for the respective cell lines or primary cells. You can easily find the respective Avalanche transfection reagents specific for your cells by using the filters of our product list.
If you cannot find the answer to your problem then please contact us or telephone +44 (0)1954 210 200