Cell Line Information:
Organism: Homo sapiens (human)
Tissue: pancreas; duct; epithelioid carcinoma
Age: 56 years
Growth properties: adherent
Depositors: M. Lieber
Growth is inhibited by 1 unit/ml L-asparaginase. The cells will grow in soft agar.
The Transfection Reagent:
PANC-1 Cell Avalanche™ Transfection Reagent is a new class of unique chemical formulations specifically formulated and optimized for transfecting PANC-1 Cells. The proprietary formulation of lipids and polymers ensures the highest possible transfection efficiencies and viabilities for PANC-1 Cells. For details of the developing process of this reagent, please go to: How did EZ Biosystems develop Avalanche™ Cell type/cell line specific transfection reagent series?
- Specifically optimized to deliver nucleic acids into PANC-1 Cells
- Highest efficiency to ensure experimental success
- Lowest Cellular Toxicity-maintain cell density and reduce experimental biases
- Deliver single or multiple plasmids
- Synthesized from 100% animal origin-free components, making it easy to validate the absence of zoonotic diseases, such as BSE or viruses, in research experiments or cells lines
- Easy-to-use protocol: Just mix nucleic acids with the reagent to form complexes and simply add the mixture to cells
- Compatible with transfection in any plate formats
- Economical: High efficiency means less amount of nucleic acid & reagent is needed
- Developed and manufactured by EZ Biosystems
|FIG. 1. High throughput test of transfection efficiency (determined as RLU/mg) on Capan-1 cells after transfection of luciferase reporter gene by using our 172 proprietary transfection formulas and several most popular commercial transfection reagents. The yellow box showed the results of 4 commercial transfection reagents. The red lines marked our candidate formulas with the highest transfection efficiency for Capan-1 cells. This test result was confirmed with repeat experiments. The candidate formulas were also tested on PANC-1 cells by tranfecting GFP expression plasmid, and got the same high transfection efficiency after flow cytometry analysis. The one that showed the optimal balance of potent & low cytotoxicity (percentage of 7AAD positive cells) among those candidate formulas was later named as PANC-1 Cell Avalanche Transfection Reagent.
For Other Cells:
|PANC-1 Cell Avalanche™ Transfection Reagent (human pancreas adenocarcinoma cell) can also be used on the following cells with high transfection efficiencies.
Recommended protocols for these cells will be provided with the reagent. The protocols usually provide satisfactory transfection efficiency with invisible cytotoxicity. However, optimization may be needed for certain type of cells. Optimizations may include: the amount of DNA and this transfection reagent; cell density; transfection reagent/DNA ratio, or incubation time for the mixture of transfection reagent/DNA etc. For best transfection result, we recommend using the respective cell type/cell line specific Avalanche transfection reagents. Those reagents have been optimized on both recipes and protocols, and have been proved to have the best transfection results for the respective cell lines or primary cells. You can easily find the respective Avalanche transfection reagents specific for your cells by using the filters of our product list.
U-2 OS cell
If you cannot find the answer to your problem then please contact us or telephone +44 (0)1954 210 200