SF268 Cell Avalanche® Transfection Reagent (human glioma and astrocytoma cell)
The Transfection Reagent:
SF268 Cell Avalanche® Transfection Reagent is a new class of unique chemical formulations specifically formulated and optimized for transfecting SF268 cells. The proprietary formulation of lipids and polymers ensures the highest possible transfection efficiencies and viabilities for SF268 cells.
Cell Line Information:
Cell Line Name: SF268
Patient's Age: 24
Patient's Sex: F
Prior Treatment: Rad
Tissue Type: CNS
Histology: Highly anaplastic astrocytoma; glioma, right parietal; non epithelial
p53 Status: 0
ECAD Methylation: 6
MDR Function: -38
Contributor: Kornblith, PL
Reference: Acta Neuropathol. 75:92-103, 1987; J Neurosurg. 48:580-586, 1987
SF268 is one of the cell lines of the NCI-60 panel which represents different cancer types and has been widely utilized for drug screening and molecular target identification.
The Transfection Reagent:
SF268 Cell Avalanche® Transfection Reagent is a new class of unique chemical formulations specifically formulated and optimized for transfecting SF268 cells. The proprietary formulation of lipids and polymers ensures the highest possible transfection efficiencies and viabilities for SF268 cells. For details of the developing process of this reagent, please go to: How did EZ Biosystems develop Avalanche® Cell type/cell line specific transfection reagent series?
- Specifically optimized to deliver nucleic acids into SF268 cells
- Highest efficiency to ensure experimental success
- Lowest Cellular Toxicity-maintain cell density and reduce experimental biases
- Deliver single or multiple plasmids
- Synthesized from 100% animal origin-free components, making it easy to validate the absence of zoonotic diseases, such as BSE or viruses, in research experiments or cells lines
- Easy-to-use protocol: Just mix nucleic acids with the reagent to form complexes and simply add the mixture to cells
- Active in serum-containing medium
- Suitable for Reverse Transfection
- Reproducible: due to highly controlled chemical synthesis of each of the ingredients, the reagent forms uniformly sized complex particles with nucleic acids. With optimized protocol, our reagent will ensure the reproducible highest transfection results.
- Economical: High efficiency means less amount of nucleic acid & reagent is needed
- Developed and manufactured by EZ Biosystems
|FIG. 1. High throughput test of transfection efficiency (determined as RLU/mg) on SF268 cells after transfection of luciferase reporter gene by using our 172 proprietary transfection formulas and several most popular commercial transfection reagents. The yellow box showed the results of 4 commercial transfection reagents. The red lines marked our candidate formulas with the highest transfection efficiency for SF268 cells. This test result was confirmed with repeat experiments. The one that showed the optimal balance of potent & low cytotoxicity among those candidate formulas after flow cytometry analysis on the percentage of 7AAD positive cells was later named as this SF268 Cell Avalanche® Transfection Reagent.
|FIG. 2. SF268 cells were transfected with GFP vector (pEGFP-N3) by using SF268 Cell Avalanche® Transfection Reagent. The cells were visualized by Nikon Eclipse Fluorescence microscope 24 hours post transfection.
For Other Cells:
|SF268 Cell Avalanche® Transfection Reagent (human glioma and astrocytoma cell) can also be used on the following cells with high transfection efficiencies.
Recommended protocols for these cells will be provided with the reagent. The protocols usually provide satisfactory transfection efficiency with invisible cytotoxicity. However, optimization may be needed for certain type of cells. Optimizations may include: the amount of DNA and this transfection reagent; cell density; transfection reagent/DNA ratio, or incubation time for the mixture of transfection reagent/DNA etc. For best transfection result, we recommend using the respective cell type/cell line specific Avalanche transfection reagents. Those reagents have been optimized on both recipes and protocols, and have been proved to have the best transfection results for the respective cell lines or primary cells. You can easily find the respective Avalanche transfection reagents specific for your cells by using the filters of our product list.
If you cannot find the answer to your problem below then please
contact us or telephone 01954 210 200