- Suitable for siRNA and miRNA transfection
- Suitable for adherend and suspension cells
- Free from serum inhibition
- Optional "Fast Forward" protocol
- Specific optimization of lipid composition for gene silencing
- Predefined RNA/lipid ratio results with less optimization effort
- Efficient knockdown with low reagent and siRNA volumes
- Rapid protocol: Two interdependent assays within one week
Metafectene® SI? consists of a lipid blend designed
and optimized especially for siRNA and miRNA transfection. Unlike for
conventional DNA transfection, transport of the nucleic acid into the
cell nucleus is not necessary for RNA transfection. The development of Metafectene® SI?
was thus primarily aimed at maximizing the endocytosis volume of the
lipoplex plus ensuring rapid and complete release of RNA in the cytosol.
High knockdown rates with low RNA and reagent amounts combined with low toxicity make Metafectene® SI? an ideal tool to be used for all cell lines and primary cells.
Screening processes benefit both from this timesaving and from the fact that the lipoplex formation, and thus all pipetting steps, take place in the well of a multiwell culture plate, eliminating the need for rinsing or transfer. siRNA or miRNA transfection can thus be performed during screening with the maximum efficiency and ease.
Comparison of knock-down of luciferase expression of cells stably
expressing luciferase following transfection of anti-Luc-siRNA with
METAFECTENE® SI? or a commercial transfection reagent (L2k) under
If you cannot find the answer to your problem below then please
contact us or telephone 01954 210 200