Nasopharyngeal (NP) swabs are collection swabs used for cell and virus specimen collection.
Manufacture of the swabs uses “spray on technology” whereby an electro-static charge perpendicularly attaches thousands of nylon microfibers onto each medical grade handle tip. These flocked swabs are ideal for collecting large quantities of cells and rapid sample elution. The shaft is made of mixed polypropylene making it soft and flexible.
Swabs are CE-marked
- Ergonomic design, with nylon fibres that act like a soft brush thereby improving patient comfort and sampling efficiency for specimen collection.
- Improved sample collection: sprayed-on fibres are statically charged and attached to the applicator tip in a uniform manner enabling strong capillary action and rapid cell absorption.
- Superior sample elution: open fibre structure allows specimens to be instantly dislodged into liquid medium.
- Increased assay sensitivity: Flocked swabs are proven to elute >95% of the original sample rapidly, resulting in improved assay sensitivity.
- Quantitative volume transfer, measurable and consistent.
- Free of inhibitors and interfering substances, collection swabs are certified DNase- and RNase-free, human DNA-free and PCR inhibitor-free.
- Swab handle is fixed to the removable tube cap for easier ergonomical handling and designed to minimize contact with inside of tube
Swabs come in handy transport tubes (no transport medium supplied) and have a useful snappable breakpoint for ease of storage or downstream applications post-sampling.
Dimensions of flocked tip: (Width 2.8 mm; Thickness 3 mm; Length 16 mm)
Dimensions of PP stick: (Diameter 2.5 mm; Taper to 1.0 mm; Breakpoint 85 mm; Total length 150 mm)
Dimensions of Transport tube: (Length 180mm; Diameter 11mm).
Nasopharyngeal swabs are CE-marked on the transport tubes.
If you cannot find the answer to your problem then please contact us or telephone +44 (0)1954 210 200