Flocked Laryngopharyngeal Sampling Swab (Peel Pouch)
Flocked sampling swabs can be used for a variety of clinical and research purposes. These include cell and virus specimen collection. The flocked swabs are ideal for collecting large amount of cells and
rapid elution of the specimens that instantly releases cells into
the transport medium. They utilise state-of-art “spray on technology”. The flocking process involves the use of an electro-static charge that perpendicularly attaches millions of nylon microfibres on the medical grade handle tip.
The perpendicular nylon fibers act like a soft brush, allowing the improved collection and release of both cellular and liquid samples.
Flocked laryngopharyngeal Sampling Swab (Peel Pouch) - Also available nasopharyngeal versions in peel pouches
- Ergonomic and anatomic design, perpendicular nylon fibres act like a soft brush thus improving patient comfort and efficiency in cell specimen collection
- Improved sample collection, sprayed-on fibres statically charged and attached to the applicator tip in a uniform perpendicular manner and by means of strong capillary action cell specimens are rapidly absorbed
- Superior sample elution, with an open fibre structure it instantly dislodges the specimen cells into the liquid medium, unlike traditional wound swabs where the specimen is entrapped in the mattress core.
- Increased assay sensitivity, flocked swabs are proven to elute >95% of the original sample rapidly thus readily resulting in improved assay sensitivity.
- Quantitative volume transfer, measurable and consistent uptake and transfer from patient to the test tube has no internal mattress core to disperse and entrap the precious sample like traditional fiber wound swabs
- Certified free of inhibitors and interference, collection swabs are certified DNase, RNase-free and human DNA-free. They are also free of any PCR inhibitors, certificate of analysis available for each lot of manufacture
Dimensions of flocked tip: (Width: Taper to 4.5mm; Thickness: Taper to 4.5mm; Length 18 mm)
Dimensions of PS stick: (Diameter 1: 2.5mm; Diameter 2: Taper to 2.0 mm; Breakpoint 78.0 mm; Total length 152 mm)
If you cannot find the answer to your problem below then please
contact us or telephone 01954 210 200