Prostate cells provide a glandular function in the body by generating fluid which serves several functions in reproduction.
Prostates consist of glandular epithelium embedded in a fibro-muscular stroma. The secretory luminal layer of the epithelium is made up of tall columnar cells that are responsible for the production of PSA, PAP and human kallikrein-2 that are secreted as part of the seminal fluid into the glandular lumina.
Human Prostate Stromal Cells (PrSC) are necessary for the normal growth and survival of epithelial cells in the prostate. A number of findings have suggested interactions between PrSC and the epithelium as well as importance of the extracellular matrix in prostate development and differentiation; alterations of these interactions may lead to prostate cancer progression (Djakiew et al., 1990; Cunha et al., 1996, 2002). Stromal–epithelial interactions appear to be reciprocal, mediated by steroid hormones, soluble and insoluble factors and their receptors, and constituents of the extracellular matrix (Chung, 1993; Rowley, 1999).
PrSC can be used for the following applications:
The Transfection Reagent:
Transfection of primary cells, such as PrSc, is a problem in the laboratory routine and further in tissue engineering and gene therapy. Most methods working effectively for cell lines in culture fail to transfect primary cells.
Human Prostate Stromal Cell (PrSC) Avalanche™ Transfection Reagent is a new, proprietary solution specifically designed for transfection on PrSc. The proprietary formulation of lipids and polymers ensures the highest possible transfection efficiencies and viabilities for PrSc. No other transfection reagents can match the efficiency, convenience, and gentleness of Human Prostate Stromal Cell (PrSC) Avalanche™ Transfection Reagent for transfection on PrSc. For details of the developing process of this reagent, please go to: How did EZ Biosystems develop Avalanche™ Cell type/cell line specific transfection reagent series?
- Specifically optimized to deliver nucleic acids into PrSc
- Highest efficiency to ensure experimental success
- Lowest Cellular Toxicity-maintain cell density and reduce experimental biases
- synthesized from 100% animal origin-free components, making it easy to validate the absence of zoonotic diseases, such as BSE or viruses, in research experiments or cells lines
- Simplest and straightforward protocols
- Suitable for Reverse Transfection
- Compatible with transfection in any plate formats
- Economical: High efficiency means less amount of nucleic acid & reagent is needed
- Developed and manufactured by EZ Biosystems